Local Greenville, SC Weather

Click for Greenville, South Carolina Forecast

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

2015

English: United States Coast Guard Auxiliary D...
English: United States Coast Guard Auxiliary Districts and Regions (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Another New Year is upon us.  So many things, both good and bad, happened in 2014.  The one thing that I have learned over the years is that  we cannot live in the past, all we can do is learn from the past.  I have my sights set on the future and from what I can see the future is bright.  My goals have shifted and things that used to seem important in my life have changed as well.  I have taken a path to make myself and those important to me happy, but ME first.

I continue to look at what it is that makes me happy and what comes up is service to my country and community.  I still work as a Police Officer here at Furman University and also serve in the United States Coast Guard Auxiliary.  Both jobs are rewarding and I get to work with like minded people.  I have been blessed to be able to be active in my life and will continue to do so until I can no longer serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog and adding your comment.